It only took seven hours...


...but I've finally finished one of the two mittens that I'd planned to have finished by Friday. The likelihood of that happening is slim at best. It looks a bit like one of these so far--haven't added the mouth, fins, eyes, etc. and didn't get a chance to take a picture, so I just pulled this one off the internet. I was having a bit of trouble transferring the stitches onto the holder and re-CingO stitches onto the dpn. Also, I abandoned the Kitchener stitch halfway through and decided that it would be a better idea--for the sake of my sanity--to just thread some spare yarn through the remaining stitches and seam them together. All together, I'm exceedingly impressed with myself. Having undergone the rite of passage of creating a mitten, I can now call myself an advanced knitter.

**Thanks to my aunt, my boss, and my boss's mother for the mental help during The Great Mitten Escapade**and also my boyfriend for talking me off the ledge at various intervals during this project**

0 comments:

Post a Comment